domingo, 8 de noviembre de 2009

USEFUL EXPRESSIONS III

Nouns

back
bow
cheek
class
Dad
engineering
female
friend
greeting
handshake
hug
kiss
male
Mom
(first/last/full) name
nickname
parents
pat
student
(baseball/volleyball) team
women

Titles
Miss
Mr.
Mrs.
Ms.

Adjectives
married
same
single

Articles
a
the

Verbs
am
are
is

Adverbs
here
(over) there
too

Prepositions
from (Paris/France)
in (English 102/Canada)
on (the volleyball team/
the back)

Conjunctions
and
but

Interjections
oh
well

EXPRESSIONS

Greeting someone: Saludando a Alguien

Hello.
Hi.

Exchanging personal information: Intercambiando Informacion personal

What's your name?
I'm . . . ./My name is . . . .
Where are you from?
I'm from . . . .
How's everything?/How are you?
Not bad.
Pretty good, thanks.

Introducing someone: Presentando a Alguien (ver topic despues)

This is . . . ./These are . . . .
Nice to/Pleased to/Good to meet you.

Asking about someone: Preguntando sobre Alguien

Who's that?
That's . . . .
Who are they?
Their names are . . . and . . . .

Checking information: Comprobando Informacion

How do you pronounce . . . ?
It's Mandel, with the accent on the "del."
How do you spell . . . ?
What do people call you?
Please call me . . . .
You can call me . . . .
Everyone calls me . . . .
Excuse me, what's . . . again?
It's . . . .
Are you studying . . . ?/Are you on vacation?
Yes, I am./No, I'm not.

Agreeing: Estando de Acuerdo
That's right.
OK.

No hay comentarios: